Louis XIII and Cardinal Richelieu received Protestant delegates there and stayed at the castle from June 29 to July 2, 1629.
Charged with History, erected in the 11th century, refurbished many times, the castle of Saint-Chaptes completed its transformations in the 17th and its living rooms are contemporary today.
The facades, the roofs, as well as the two entrance towers are listed in the inventory of Historical Monuments. Echoing the spirit of the 17th century of the castle, the 8,800 m2 park made up of Montpellier maples and meadows, is a nod to 7 contemporary architects: the labyrinth dedicated to Sir Luytens the dining room of summer at G. Aulenti the summer lounge at FL Wright .
The swimming pool nods at Luis Barragan the central carpet at IM Pei the Roman table at Jean Nouvel the Indian pots at Luis Kahn.
An exceptional property, in the heart of the village, close to Nîmes, Uzes and the Cévennes.
Contact us today to find out more.